Basic Troubleshooting Prior to Contacting Support
- Reboot the machine and try the process again, does the issue still occur (Note: that rebooting doesn’t mean logging out and then back in)
- Login issue: Is the User ID and Password typed correctly? Check the caps lock and number lock key
- Network issue: Can you open Internet explorer/Browser and go to news.google.ca ok?
- Workstation issue: Does it work on another machine ok?
- Does everyone have the same issue?
Contacting Sitkum for I.T. Support
All our service issues are entered onto a Service Board in a Ticketing System. The tickets are prioritized and assigned to a Technician by a Dispatcher. It is the Dispatcher’s role to ensure service issues are prioritized and addressed within an agreed upon time frame.
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone 250 352 6556
- Outside regular business hours, contact 250 505 3262 by phone or text
Please avoid emailing the Technician’s directly as there is no way for us to centrally manage the service request and ensure the issue is dealt with.
Non Urgent Support:
For non-urgent service issues, please open a ticket using Agent.
Information you need to provide when requesting support:
The following information is helpful to effectively address a Service Issue:
- Company Name
- Contact person, and phone, e-mail (if different from sender)
- Detailed description of the issue.
- Number of PC’s/Users affected
- Times the machine is available for remote work (i.e. when the user is on lunch, or days off) and that the machine will be turned on
General I.T. Guidelines
- Please inform us prior to downloading or installing ANY software or hardware on the computer network
- Avoid using production computers for personal use
- Avoid working directly off a Server (or Quasi-Server)