Sitkum I.T. Managed Services Ltd. provides end-to-end I.T. solutions for small and mid-sized businesses throughout the West Kootenay Region. We manage every aspect of our client’s I.T. systems to ensure maximum efficiency and value. Sitkum provides fully managed I.T. support services; I.T related hardware, software and accessories; Cloud services; and Financing. We are well established business that has been successfully growing, year after year, for well over a decade.
We are seeking a talented, disciplined and highly self-motivated I.T. Technician to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis. We need someone that thrives in a fast paced environment, who can manage tight timelines and stressful situations, who has a positive attitude, who genuinely likes working people and who is able to nurture long term relationships.
We offer a flexible and supportive culture that supports job satisfaction and happiness. We value creativity, independence, self-discipline, accountability and professionalism. We’re looking for bright minds with an enterprising spirit.
– Provide Onsite and Remote support to our clients
– Resolving Tier 1 and 2 technical support issues (e.g., servers, applications, networking, back-ups, security, and etc.)
– Deploy workstations, switches, routers and installing software
– Support business applications, in both physical and virtual environments, including 3rd party applications (i.e. legal, dental, medical)
– Maintaining accurate documentation of client networks, information, and issues
– Working with standardized operating procedures or creating new ones when necessary
– Ensuring the customer experience is top notch!
– Working with vendors to ensure clients IT needs are met
– Assist dispatch and field techs with overflow tickets
– Have a today, not tomorrow attitude, high degree of accountability, strong follow-through and desire to finish what you start
– Previous and progressive technical support experience
– Confidence to make decisions independently
– Combination of education, certifications (MCSA, MCSE, A+, etc.) and experience
– A strong understanding of Windows and preferably Macintosh environments and network protocols
– Experience with the Microsoft desktop and server suite, Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, etc.
– Experience with VMware and other server virtualization technology
– Physically able to perform all aspects of the job such as lifting large items like printers and copiers
– Optimistic, humble, and industrious personality; strong egos do not fit our culture
– Calm and collected disposition because there will be pressure and difficult situations
– Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract
– Eligible to legally work in Canada
Nice to have’s
– Experience with desktop deployment tools
– Experience supporting cloud services (Office 365, Google @ Work, Azure, Amazon, etc.)
– Experience working in a managed IT service environment
– An understanding of I.T. Best Practices, Industry Standards, ITIL fundamentals and Managed Services
Send your resume info [at] sitkum [dot] net. Ensure the subject line of your email contains Technician